|Processor(s)||4 x Intel Xeon Processor E5-4610V4|
|Hard Disk||2 x 300GB SAS|
|Storage Controller||Dell PowerEdge RAID Controller H330|
|Power Supply||2 x 750W PSU|
|Warranty||1 year Parts warranty|
Dell EMC PowerEdge R830 2U Rack Server
Features and Design
Scalable, balanced performanceOptimize application performance for dense virtualization or scale out 4-socket workloads using the R830’s impressive resources.
- Intel® Xeon® processor E5-4600 v4 architecture
- 80% increase in computational power over R820
- Up to 3TB DDR4 memory in 48 DIMMs
- Up to 16 SSDs or traditional HDDs, well suited for data-intensive workloads
Workload-centric adaptability and flexibilityPerforming various compute-intensive, memory-bound or I/O-centric workloads, the R830 can readily adapt to any application. Whether it is Oracle RAC or Microsoft® SQL Server®, the available resources can be fine-tuned to maximize application performance, and PCIe SSD cards can be added to significantly increase I/O and boost CPU utilization. Moreover, the redundant embedded hypervisors help ensure a fail-safe virtual environments. The R830 server offers all the assets needed to:
- Significantly consolidate servers while increasing overall performance
- Build out test and development environments using the affordability of a 2U rack server
- Easily scale performance to meet future, unknown demands
Simplify and automate managementEfficiently manage Dell servers in physical, virtual, local and remote environments with PowerEdge embedded server intelligence – integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC8) with Lifecycle Controller and OpenManage Essentials. OpenManage automates the most frequently performed server management tasks agent-free – including deployment, updates, monitoring and maintenance – regardless of the installed OS or hypervisor.
- Ensure fast problem resolution with the proactive and automated support of Dell Support Assist.
- Return to production in minutes with Dell Easy Restore that restores configurations after a board replacement.
- Leverage existing Microsoft, VMware and BMC consoles with iDRAC8 integration.
Automated, proactive and predictive support for your Dell serversDell SupportAssist for servers includes remote monitoring, automated data collection, automatic case creation and proactive contact from Dell technical support on select Dell PowerEdge servers.
ProSupport Plus offers a full set of SupportAssist features, including predictive issue detection and monthly optimization reporting. A recent study found that ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist proactive monitoring and automated case creation resolves issues up to 90 percent faster than with basic warranty alone.*
To further streamline support, TechDirect enables you to manage routine issues and parts dispatching through a self-service online portal, mobile app and APIs. Gain real-time access to all your Dell support cases anytime, anywhere and at no additional charge. TechDirect users can experience up to a 90 percent boost in productivity* after implementing this tool.